This role will sit within the Security Operations group in a global hitech company.
The Lead Incident Response Analyst will work in both a team environment and independently to analyze information security systems and threat intelligence in order to detect and respond to potential threats and recommend mitigation strategies.
What You’ll Do:
– Function as a focal technical lead on incident events providing technical, hands-on investigation, and support
– Lead the investigative process for network intrusions, products, and other cybersecurity incidents to resolve the cause and extent of the attacks
– Perform sophisticated malware detection and threat analysis
– Continuously review SIEM dashboards, system, application logs, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and custom monitoring tools
What You Bring:
– Deep understanding of security incident handling and forensics skills including probing and attack methods, network/service discovery, system assessment, viruses, and other forms of malware
– Experience mitigating and addressing threat vectors including Advanced Persistent Threat (APT), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), phishing, malicious payloads, malware, applications, etc.
– Experience with information security technologies such as, but not limited to, SIEM, IPS/IDS, vulnerability management software, user behavior monitoring, unstructured data monitoring tools or internet content filters